It is a huge comfort to families to know their loved one is being taken home from a hospital stay in a reliable vehicle with mobility assistance aids, in the company of a certified caregiver.
Even the simplest hospital discharge is rarely a case of the patient just getting up and leaving. Often, the person may need help getting from the hospital bed to a vehicle, and there are often instructions from the nursing staff to understand, and of course there is always paperwork to be completed. We can handle all of this and more – as much assistance as your loved one needs, right up to helping them into their own bed with a cup of tea and the phone and Lifeline right next to them.
As with all our services, we aim to provide a custom solution based on individual needs. Here is a partial list of the assistance we can offer when someone is discharged from the hospital:
- Stop at the Red Cross for equipment
- Stop at the pharmacy for new medications
- Grocery shopping to refill the fridge if requested
- Accompany client into their home
- Ensure client is comfortable and settled in their favourite spot at home
- Check fridge, dispose of expired food, and put away new groceries
- Make sure clients have a phone and important contact numbers close by
- Basic meal prep prior to our departure
- Any other additional help one may need upon arrival home after a stay in the hospital
- Assistance for arranging follow-up appointments and future transportation needs